Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A doctor that finally listened, and took action

Hopefully soon I will be experiencing relief again. For those of you that do not know I have been suffering from severe dermatitis due to some unknown allergen since I have been pregnant. It has covered my feet, ankles, legs, hands, arms, and chest. The dermatologist that I saw today finally realized when he saw the rash with his own eyes, that I am not just pregnant and uncomfortable. He realized the severity of my problem, and did not blow me off by telling me I'm pregnant so I have to deal with it.

The past week has been almost unbearable for me. I have had itch fits so bad that I could not sleep, and I was scratching until I drew blood. Terrance has told me that he has seen me scratching for at least an hour at times (like a mad woman). My skin is a mess, but it will heal with time. This wonderful doctor has put me back on a steroid, that has been the only thing to give me some relief.

Most importantly, the baby is doing wonderful. The kicks are getting stronger and stronger by the day. Last night the baby kicked so hard we saw my whole abdomen/stomach area move. Now that I am feeling better I will get the updates up from our last prenatal visit. Please keep us in prayer.

No comments: