Saturday, January 20, 2007

Deal or no deal

Who knew that we would need to get rid of the RX-8 NOW? Terrance goes out to start the car and it won't start. He calls the dealership to have it towed, and is told about cold starts. The suggestion the clerk gave did not work. So off to the dealership the car went. The starter and the battery both had to be replaced. Mind you this car is only 3 years old and only has 24,000 miles on it.

To my disappointment Terrance and I both came to the conclusion that it would be in our best interest to get out of this vehicle before the warranty runs out. Too many other RX-8 owners were having the same problems, and for some it was a reoccurring problem. So much for thinking I would have my car for a long time. That car was so much fun to drive (if you have driven one then you know what I am talking about).

So now I am the proud owner of an SUV like so many other Americans. Don't get me wrong I love my new 4Runner but, I miss the RX-8.

I am glad that the decision making for picking out a new vehicle is over. It was difficult and painful for me. Finding a vehicle that would be practical for our family, is safe, and looks nice was not easy. Not to mention having to deal with the annoying sales people that want you to make an on the spot decision, and can't understand why a person would want to think about such a decision.

No comments: